Leasing and Equipment Finance – Municipal Leasing Programs
Equipment leasing is a sensible alternative to traditional financing. Your community can profit from leasing its equipment through us. Founded in 1982, TD Equipment Finance has provided funding for many municipalities and school departments. Our staff is experienced in all aspects of municipal leasing making leasing simple and convenient.
Reasons to consider a lease with TD Equipment Finance:
- Low cost, fixed rate financing
- Non-appropriation clause
- No hidden fees or costs
- You control your bid process
- Flexible lease programs
- No prepayment penalty
Leasing enables municipalities to enhance their cash flow by spreading the cost of equipment over several fiscal periods. This allows both current and future taxpayers to pay the cost, thus stretching tax dollars. Leasing also provides a hedge against inflation. Equipment purchased at today's prices can be budgeted in less-valuable future dollars over the term of the lease. For virtually any kind of equipment, leasing makes sense. In fact, it's the most frequently used method of equipment financing in the United States.
Qualifications for tax-exempt municipal leases:
- A passage of title to the lessee
- A bargain purchase option ($1.00)
- A breakout of principal and interest (amortization)
- The equipment being financed is for public purpose
- Lessee qualifies under section 103 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986