The TD Charitable Foundation, funded by TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® is pleased to announce the 25 recipients of the 2015 Housing for Everyone Building for the Future grant competition. Award winners from Maine to Florida received a total of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives.
Grant awards of $100,000 were given to non-profits looking to create or preserve housing units for seniors.
The winning organizations, as well as the total donation per market, include:
- Connecticut: $100,000 donated to NeighborWorks New Horizons
- Delaware: $100,000 donated to Ministry of Caring, Inc.
- Florida: $300,000 total donated to Rebuilding Together Miami-Dade, Landings of St. Andrew, City of North Miami
- Maine: $100,000 donated to Avesta Housing Development Corporation
- Massachusetts: $300,000 total donated to Chelsea Neighborhood Developers, Neighborhood of Affordable Housing (NOAH), Preservation of Affordable Housing (POAH)
- New Hampshire: $100,000 donated to Southwestern Community Services
- New Jersey: $400,000 total donated to Geriatric Services, Inc., Build With Purpose, Inc., Cooper's Ferry Development Association, Homeless Solutions, Inc.
- New York: $500,000 total donated to Common Ground, Banana Kelly Improvement Association, Catholic Charities Progress of Peoples Development Corporation, Fitzgerald House, Inc., Project Renewal, Inc.
- Pennsylvania: $200,000 total donated to Impact Services Corp, Energy Coordinating Agency of Philadelphia
- South Carolina: $100,000 donated to Homes of Hope, Inc.
- Rhode Island: $100,000 donated to Women's Development Corporation
- Vermont: $100,000 donated to Cathedral Square Corporation
- Virginia: $100,000 donated to Wesley Housing Development Corporation of Northern Virginia