The TD Charitable Foundation, funded by TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® is pleased to announce the 25 recipients of the 2013 Housing for Everyone Neighborhood Revitalization and Stabilization grant competition. Award winners from Maine to Florida received a total of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives.
Grant awards of $100,000 were given to non-profits looking to revitalize and stabilize neighborhoods that have been adversely impacted by recent events through the creation or re-creation of affordable, clean, and safe housing units.
The winning organizations, as well as the total donation per market, include:
- Connecticut: $100,000 donated to Mutual Housing of Greater Hartford
- Florida: $300,000 total donated to Neighborhood Housing and Development Corporation, Mid Florida Housing Partnership, Inc., Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami, Inc.
- Maine: $100,000 donated to Community Housing of Maine
- Maryland: $100,000 donated to TRF Development Partners, Inc.
- Massachusetts: $300,000 total donated to Valley Community Development Corporation, Twin Cities Community Development Corporation, Lawrence Community Works
- New Hampshire: $100,000 donated to Neighborworks Greater Manchester
- New Jersey: $200,000 total donated to Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation, Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc. (HANDS)
- New York: $500,000 total donated to Women in Need, Inc., Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc., Community League of the Heights (CLOTH), Rural Ulster Preservation Company, Inc., Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation
- North Carolina: $100,000 donated to Mountain Housing Opportunities, Inc.
- Pennsylvania: $400,000 total donated to New Kensington Community Development Corporation, Asociacion Puertorriquenos en Marcha, Inc., Impact Services Corp., Intercommunity Action, Inc.
- South Carolina: $100,000 donated to Homes of Hope, Inc.
- Rhode Island: $100,000 donated to Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation
- Vermont: $100,000 donated to Champlain Housing Trust