The TD Charitable Foundation, funded by TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® is pleased to announce the 25 recipients of the 2014 Housing for Everyone Building for the Future grant competition. Award winners from Maine to Florida received a total of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives.
Grant awards of $100,000 were given to non-profits looking to create or preserve rental housing units for families with children.
The winning organizations, as well as the total donation per market, include:
- Connecticut: $100,000 donated to Chrysalis Center
- Florida: $300,000 total donated to Ability Housing of Northeast Florida , Lotus House Women's Shelter , Volunteers of America of Florida
- Maine: $100,000 donated to Bangor Housing Development Corporation
- Massachusetts: $300,000 total donated to Twin Cities Community Development Corporation, Chelsea Neighborhood Developers , Main South Community Development Corporation
- New Hampshire: $100,000 donated to CATCH Neighborhood Housing
- New Jersey: $400,000 total donated to NewBridge Services , Community Access Unlimited , Homeless Solutions , Inc., and New Jersey Community Capital
- New York: $500,000 total donated to Hudson River Housing , HELP USA , Inc., Community Development Corporation of Long Island , Settlement Housing Fund , Pratt Area Community Council
- Pennsylvania: $200,000 total donated to Project H.O.M.E, Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation
- South Carolina: $200,000 City of Charleston Department of Housing and Community Development , Nehemiah Community Revitalization Corporation
- Rhode Island: $100,000 donated to The Woonsocket Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Vermont: $100,000 donated to Champlain Housing Trust
- Virginia: $100,000 donated to Wesley Housing Development Corporation of Northern Virginia