The TD Charitable Foundation, funded by TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® is pleased to announce the 25 recipients of the 2012 Housing for Everyone Transitional Housing and Homeless Shelters grant competition. Award winners from Maine to Florida received a total of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives.
Grant awards of $100,000 were given to non-profits looking to expand the availability of and/or access to transitional housing and/or homeless shelters.
The winning organizations, as well as the total donation per market, include:
- Connecticut: $100,000 donated to Chrysalis Center, Inc.
- District of Columbia: $100,000 to Transitional Housing Corporation
- Florida: $300,000 total donated to Ability Housing of Northeast Florida, Inc., Metropolitan Ministries, Inc. and Broward Partnership for the Homeless, Inc.
- Maine: $100,000 donated to Avesta Housing Development Corporation
- Massachusetts: $300,000 total donated to Caritas Communities, Inc., CHOICE, Inc. and Chelsea Neighborhood Developers, Inc.
- New Hampshire: $100,000 donated to Harbor Homes, Inc.
- New Jersey: $300,000 total donated to New Jersey Community Development Corporation, Inc., Community Access Unlimited, Inc. and Saint Joseph's Carpenter Society.
- New York: $500,000 total donated to Christian Herald Association, Inc., Women in Need, Inc., Settlement Housing Fund, Inc., CDCLI Housing Development Fund Corporation, Developmental Disabilities Institute, Inc.
- North Carolina: $100,000 donated to Western Carolina Rescue Ministries, Inc.
- Pennsylvania: $300,000 total donated to Project H.O.M.E., Impact Services Corporation and People's Emergency Center Community Development Corporation
- South Carolina: $100,000 donated to Seacoast Christian Community Church Incorporated
- Rhode Island: $100,000 donated to Olneyville Housing Corporation
- Vermont: $100,000 donated to Lamoille Housing Partnership, Inc.