A goals-based approach
Our approach to portfolio management
Invest with TD Wealth and we can craft a fully integrated investment strategy (discretionary investment management) - with your involvement and our expert Investment Advisors - and actively manage your portfolio on an ongoing basis. Or, you can manage your own investments (non-discretionary investment services) - make your decisions and choose your allocation - while we act as advisors to support your trades and other investment decisions.
We also offer a full range of brokerage services designed to help meet your needs.
Either way, we start with an in-depth conversation between you and your Relationship Manager and TD Wealth Investment Advisor to gain insight about your financial goals and carry out your wealth management strategy.
To develop a customized financial strategy, we will:
- Work with you to understand your short - and long-term goals
- Gauge risk tolerance
- Consider current assets and positions
Our proprietary goals-based approach offers:
- A personalized wealth management plan that reflects your unique needs and time frames
- Portfolios constructed to align with each investor's priorities
When it's time to put your strategy into action, we will:
- Identify specific investment choices
- Enlist a wide range of expertise from our in-house financial professionals
- Identify external managers as needed
- Strike an appropriate balance between risk and goals
To help ensure your strategy stays on course, we will:
- Regularly evaluate performance and make adjustments according to your objectives
- Periodically discuss your needs and comfort levels with your TD Wealth Investment Advisor
- Access global and local market insights from TD Wealth economists