Savings Overdraft Protection
Link your TD Bank savings or money market account to your TD Bank checking account to automatically transfer funds when your checking account balance drops below zero. This overdraft service may help you cover your checking account transactions up to your combined available balance and avoid overdraft and returned check fees.
Find a TD Bank near you
About Savings Overdraft Protection
|How it Works||Sign up at your nearest TD Bank location. All account holders must be present to enroll.
The available balance in your savings or money market account must cover the overdrawn checking available balance, plus the transfer fee, or the transfer will not occur.
|Fees||$10 per day only when transfers are made. Transfer fees are waived for Relationship Checking and Student Checking accounts.|
Benefits of Savings Overdraft Protection
- Convenient – Ensure your payments are made when you don't have enough money in your checking account*
- Save money – Avoid checking account overdraft and returned check fees
- It's easy – Funds are automatically transferred, only when needed*
- No credit approval is required
- Add TD Debit Card AdvanceSM – An optional overdraft service that may help you avoid ATM and one-time debit card declines when Savings Overdraft Protection is not enough to cover a potential overdraft plus fee. Read important information about TD Debit Card Advance.
Need More Information?
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions about Savings Overdraft Protection
- Learn more about TD Bank's overdraft services
You might also be interested in:
*If you do not have sufficient funds in your Savings Overdraft Protection account to cover the entire overdrawn balance plus the transfer fee, no funds will be transferred.