The TD Bank Financial Education lesson suite is a comprehensive financial literacy program created by TD Bank. Our goal is to provide children and teens with valuable information about money, saving, banking and investing. Designed to be educational, fun, and interactive, our programs provide a solid foundation for everyone to create a strong financial future.
Grades K - 1
Grades 2 - 3
Grades 4 - 5
Grades 6 - 8
Grades 9 - 12
Written to meet the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards, TD Bank's Financial Education lesson plans provide Educators with a resource for introducing topics such as:
Each lesson is supported with an activity that is age appropriate for grades K - 12.
- The value of money
- The difference between saving and spending
- Balancing a check book
- Planning a budget
- Understanding Credit
- Creating an investment
- Income Taxes
- Identity Theft and Phishing
TD Bank Volunteer Instructors
In addition to providing lesson plans here on the web site, we also have Volunteer Bank Instructors available to visit your classroom or community group to teach these courses...absolutely FREE!
To invite a TD Bank employee to volunteer and teach a lesson in your classroom or organization, click contact us now.
We are available in the following areas: Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (Wilmington & Hampstead), Eastern Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont and Virginia.
Watch Our Savings Video
Teach your students why starting to save now is a great idea. Watch this video in class and discuss.
For young investors, we are providing a less formal, more experiential learning experience through playing a virtual stock market game. Each player will be given $100,000 in virtual money every month and can take their chances in the real stock market, learning the ins, outs and sometimes unpredictable behavior of the market while competing against other players.
Additional TD Bank Education Programs
Junior Banker Store Tours
- Students, ideally in elementary or middle school, go on an exciting adventure as they tour a local TD Bank store.
- Our store tour program is absolutely FREE to your school or community group!
- Visit a local TD Bank in the following areas: Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (Wilmington & Hampstead), Eastern Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont and Virginia.
Contact Us for more details!
TD Bank WOW!Zone Virtual Stock Market Game
- Be sure to check out our Virtual Stock Market Game, ideal for middle school and high school students.
- Designed for individual play, students get $100,000 of virtual money to invest.
- Our Virtual Stock Market Game is absolutely FREE to your school or community group!
- Click here* to get started!
TD Bank Learning Center
Free interactive guides - Learn about everyday bank accounts, credit, mortgages and so much more with these mobile-friendly guides from TD. Your journey to financial empowerment starts here. Click here* to get smart about money.