It takes more than dollars to make a difference. Our employees proudly volunteer countless hours to positively impact the lives of the people who live in our communities.
TD makes it easy for our employees to be involved. We offer and promote volunteer activities such as after-school reading programs, skills-based volunteer opportunities and non-profit board and committee service that both engage our employees and involve our communities.
Volunteer service matters
- It helps meet community needs by providing essential skills to our non-profit partners which serve to increase their capacity to address critical community needs.
Volunteer outreach includes serving in leadership positions with local, regional and national community-based organizations serving economically disadvantaged families, low- and moderate-income geographies and small businesses.
- It supports our employees' interests by providing skill building and leadership development opportunities in conjunction with their efforts to support causes which matter most to them.
- It supports TD's goal to be a preferred destination for employees and our commitment to creating an unparalleled Employee Experience. Our mission is to develop talented employees who are, able to run the current business, as well as to expand for long-term profitable growth so that we can continue to deliver value to our customers, shareholders and communities.
The value of volunteerism
In response to the needs of both our employees and charitable organizations, we launched the TD Volunteer Network - an online portal which allows charitable organizations to share their volunteer opportunities with 27,000 TD employees across the U.S.
- Employees can search and sign up for opportunities that align with their skills and the causes they care about.
- Charities can post a wide variety of volunteer opportunities: one-time, recurring, board and committee as well as virtual (non-place based) opportunities.
- Through TD's Volunteer Donation Program, employees who volunteer more than 40 hours annually at a registered charitable organization are eligible to earn a donation of $500 for the organization.
To learn more about the TD Volunteer Network, please email our team at US-Volunteer@td.com.