The TD Commercial Plus Card Now Has Chip and PIN Technology
Increased security, greater fraud protection
and worldwide acceptance
Chip and PIN card benefits
- Greater protection from fraud – The microchip embedded in your card encrypts your data, providing enhanced security against counterfeiting when used at a chip-enabled terminal. The addition of a PIN makes it more difficult for your card to be used if it's lost or stolen.
- Easy to use at home or internationally1 – Less hassle than using a magnetic card overseas! Chip and PIN technology is the global standard and is already in use in over 80 countries, including Canada and throughout Europe and Asia.
- Acceptable at magnetic card terminals – Your new card has the embedded chip as well as a magnetic strip. If a store or merchant has not upgraded to chip technology, you'll just use your card as you did previously by swiping the magnetic strip and signing for the transaction.
1Foreign transactions may be subject to currency exchange rates and international transaction fees.
Using Your New Card
It's easy to use your new chip and PIN card at any store or merchant
At a chip-enabled terminal
- Instead of swiping, insert your card face up into the terminal
- Leave your card in the terminal for the duration of the transaction
- Enter your PIN and remove the card
At a traditional terminal without chip technology
- Just swipe your card as you've done in the past
- Sign for your purchase, if asked
For phone or online purchases
- Complete your purchases just as you've done in the past
Note: Your first transaction at a chip and PIN terminal with a cashier present will require your signature. This allows the PIN you established during activation to be loaded onto the card. Until then, your card will function like a magnetic strip card at all types of terminals.
Frequently asked questions
PINs are used as an added level of security to ensure transactions are properly authorized by you. Should your card be lost or stolen, it will be more difficult for someone other than you to conduct a transaction at a terminal that recognizes chip and PIN cards.
Expand Is it safe to use the magnetic strip on my card at merchants that don't have a chip-enabled terminal?
While the chip and PIN technology provides enhanced security, using the magnetic strip and your signature continues to be a safe way to use your card. Remember that you are also protected by Visa's Zero Liability* Coverage, which protects you in the event of card fraud.
There's no need to worry! Your card is set-up to process at any online terminal using the most secure channels available. You'll simply need to follow the terminal prompts to know what to do.
*By clicking on this link you are leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Neither TD Bank US Holding Company, nor its subsidiaries or affiliates, is responsible for the content of third-party sites hyper-linked from this page, nor do they guarantee or endorse the information, recommendations, products or services offered on third party sites.
Third-party sites may have different Privacy and Security policies than TD Bank US Holding Company. You should review the Privacy and Security policies of any third-party website before you provide personal or confidential information.
©2017 Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Your Commercial Plus Card now has a chip and PIN
Using your new chip and PIN card is easy
Questions? Call 1-866-475-7262.