Mobile Banking FAQs
What do I need to download the TD Bank app?
All you need is your internet-enabled iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® or AndroidTM mobile device.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users will need a valid iTunes® user account
- Android device users can download the app via Google Play or the Amazon Appstore for Android
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
How do I enroll in Online or Mobile Banking?
To enroll in Online Banking, visit TDBank.com or download and open the TD Bank app.
You will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your TD Bank ATM or Visa® Debit Card
- Your e-mail address
- Your TD Bank account number (any personal account)
Note: if you don't have an SSN, you'll still be able to begin your Enrollment, and then we'll contact you to finalize things.
If you do not have a debit or ATM card, or do not wish to use online or mobile enrollment, you can visit your local TD Bank or call Customer Service to enroll at
How do I sign up for Mobile Banking at TD Bank?
If you are already enrolled in Online Banking, no additional sign up is required. Once you download the app, log in using your Online Banking user name and password.
If you are not currently registered for Online Banking, sign up through the TD Bank app or through TD Bank Online Banking.
What happens if I lose my smartphone, tablet or laptop?
If your smartphone, tablet or laptop is lost or stolen, it's unlikely that someone could access your banking account information unless they also know your Online Banking user name and password. However, to be safe, you should contact TD Bank as soon as possible by calling
What can I do to protect my security and privacy?
There are some simple steps you should take to ensure the security of your information and protect your privacy when you bank online or use the TD Bank app.
- Protect your Online/Mobile Banking password. It is your key to accessing your accounts. Do not reveal it to anyone.
- Memorize your password. Never store it on your mobile device or computer, or write it down.
- Do not choose passwords that incorporate your name, telephone number, address or birthday or those of any close friend or relative.
- Never leave your mobile device or computer unattended while using the TD Bank app or Online Banking.
- Use your computer or mobile device's built-in lock function – set a password-protect for start-up or time-out.
How do I make a mobile deposit?
You must be enrolled in mobile deposit to use this feature on the TD Bank app.
- In the app, select "Mobile Deposit" and then "Deposit a Check"
- Follow the steps on the screen
Be sure to write the date and the word "Deposited" on the front of the check. Keep it for 14 days to ensure it has cleared, then destroy the check.
Is TD Bank Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes. TD Bank offers extensive security features to ensure that you can conduct your banking in a safe and private online and mobile environment, including:
- password log ins
- internet firewalls
- 128-bit data encryption
In addition, Mobile Deposit check images are never stored on your mobile device.
Who can I contact for help with Online and Mobile Banking?
If you require assistance with the TD Bank app or have a question, please contact our live Customer Service 24/7 at
Are there certain tasks I can't complete in Mobile Banking?
There are certain tasks you can't do using the TD Bank app at this time, including:
- Applying for a loan or line of credit
- Opening an account
- Sending a domestic or international wire transfer
- Paying off a loan
- Applying for a mortgage or credit card
For help with any of these and other services, please feel free to:
- Call Customer Service at
Visit your local TD Bank
What account alerts are available in Online and Mobile Banking?
There are 3 types of secure e-mail alerts that you can set up for your accounts in Online and Mobile Banking:
- A low balance alert lets you know when your account goes below an amount that you choose.
- A high balance alert notifies you when your account goes above an amount that you select.
- A secure message alert tells you when you have an e-mail in Secure Messages.
All alerts are delivered to the e-mail addresses that you set up. You can set multiple alerts for each account.
To set up alerts, you need to be enrolled in Online Banking.