Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
I just went to get my state ID today & they gave me temporary yellow papers, I was wondering if I could use them to cash my paycheck
October 1, 2015 05:43:17 PM
1 person recommended this |
In reply to Dillan, Rockford
Welcome to TD Helps, Dillan. We'd be glad to discuss.
We would like to let you know that if your paycheck is drawn on TD Bank, we will be happy to cash the check for you. Please see a listing of TD Bank Store locations with lobby hours near you here: http://bit.ly/TDStores.
We will require a valid photo I.D. For check cashing purposes, please see the list below for acceptable forms of primary I.D.:
- State Driver's License with Photo and Signature
- State Issued ID with Photo and Signature
- Puerto Rico Driver's License with Photo and Signature
- Guam Driver's License with Photo and Signature
- US VI Driver's License with Photo and Signature
- Temporary Driver's License with Photo, Signature and Expiration Date
- Nexus Card
- Learner's Permit with Photo, Signature and Expiration Date
- Federal Government Employee ID with Photo
- US Government VISA with Photo, Signature and Expiration Date
- US Passport with Signature
- US Armed Forces (Military) ID with Photo
- MA Commission for the Blind ID
If you don’t have a valid form of Primary Identification right now, you'll still be able to cash a check if you have two forms of Secondary Identification to provide. You may select two from this list:
- Employment ID with Photo and Signature
- US Birth Certificate
- US Passport Card with Photo
- Welfare ID with Photo
- State Issued Driver's License with Signature, no Photo
- Foreign Driver's License with Photo
- US Employment Authorization card with Photo, Signature and Expiration Date
- College ID with Photo
- Firearms Permit with Photo
- Alien Registration Card with Photo
- Permanent Resident Card with Photo
To determine if the form of identification you mentioned in your question will be accepted, we recommend contacting the TD Store you plan on visiting prior to your trip.
Additionally, there may be a fee of $7.00 per check for this check cashing service. Please note, fees are subject to change. However, this fee would be waived if you are a TD Bank Customer.
If you have an account here with TD, please know that there will be no fee assessed for cashing your check. If the check is not drawn off of TD Bank, you must have enough funds in your account to cover the amount of the check itself. If that is not the case, you are more than welcome to deposit your check.
We hope this helps, Dillan and have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
October 1, 2015 05:43:52 PM
1 person recommended this