Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
I'm new to TD and just make a check deposit. How long will it take for my deposit to be available?
January 30, 2019 08:39:12 AM
3 people recommended this |
In reply to Anika, Collingswood
Having access to your funds in a timely manner is important, Anika, and we'd be happy to help.
All check deposits require a minimum of one business day for verification purposes. As a courtesy, $100.00 will be made available immediately for the total deposits for that banking day (with the exception of Mobile Deposits).
Check deposits can be viewed online in the description field of "Pending Transactions. Please know that Mobile Deposits may pend as both a debit and a credit for verification purposes causing your pending transactions to show as $0.00.
Special funds availability rules may apply within the first thirty (30) days your account is open. If you are New to TD Bank, deposits may be held up to 3 business days.
While most checks deposited prior to 8:00 PM are available the next banking day, there are circumstances when they may be held up to 7 business days:
- New Accounts-- During the new account's first 30 days, check deposits may be held up to seven business days. This applies to new TD Bank Customers only.
- Large Checks-- Checks over $1500.00 or check deposits greater than the Customer’s average daily deposits may be held up to seven business days
- Re-Deposited Checks-- Checks that have been previously returned may be held up to seven business days.
- Repeated Overdrafts-- Customers who have overdrawn their account an excessive amount of times (6 or more overdrafts in a 6 month span) may have a seven business day hold placed on all check deposits.
- Reasonable Cause-- If we have reason to believe a check is uncollectible or we have received notice the check is in the process of being returned the check may be held up to seven business days.
You're also able to review this information in the Personal Deposit Account Agreement here: https://go.td.com/2nf0JAI (pages 41-44).
If you have any questions about a specific deposit you've made, please reach out to a Banking Specialist 24/7 at 888-751-9000, by visiting any TD Store during lobby hours or by sending a secure message.
You're able to review TD Stores near you and their hours here: https://go.td.com/1nq31dc.
To send a secure message using Online Banking, please sign in here: http://go.td.com/1eaISlq and select 'Send a secure message' located by selecting Account Options followed by Account Services. For Mobile Banking, select the option to 'Contact Us' followed by 'Send a secure message' after signing in.
We hope this clears things up, Anika, and have a lovely day!
Megan K, Mount Laurel
January 30, 2019 08:39:39 AM