Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
I'm trying to pay my Kohl's card online with my savings account & it says to make sure my bank supports ACH payments first to ensure success.
February 19, 2015 07:31:23 PM
In reply to Victor, Blackwood
Thank you for reaching out to us on TD Helps, Victor!
You'll be happy to know that Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments can be made through your savings account.
There is a limit to how many transfers that can be made from your savings account. You can make up to 6 electronic transfers a month without being assessed an excessive funds transfer fee. Electronic transfers include pre-authorized, automatic or telephone transfers or payments. There is a fee for each transfer that exceeds the limit. For more detailed information, please see here: http://bit.ly/1kb17UQ (page 6). For more information on the fee schedule, please take a look here: http://bit.ly/1cTejgt (listed under "Other"). Transfers made from the ATM are unlimited as well as over-the-counter transfers at a TD Bank Store. For hours and locations near you, please check out: http://bit.ly/TDStores.
We invite you to view the transactions which are limited for Money Markets and Savings accounts:
- Pre-authorized ACH – Automated Clearing House debits (health club fees, insurance premiums, car payments and mortgage payments).
- Pre-authorized transfers (Overdraft protection, transfers to Holiday Club and transfers to a checking account).
- TD Bank Online Banking and Telephone Banking transfers (transfers that are debited from the Money Market or Savings account).
- Request made via phone or fax for transfers (a request made by phone falls in the unlimited category if a check is mailed to the depositor as a result of the phone transaction)
- A check drawn on the account to any payee (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts and MMDA accounts)
- Debit Card purchases (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts)
- Wire transfers
Transactions that will not incur the Excess Tranfser Fee are Over-the-Counter (OTC) withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, ATM transfers, transfers for paying TD Bank loans and transfers originated in person, by messenger or by mail.
You will also need your routing number to complete the transaction from your savings account. Routing numbers are determined during account opening and are based on the location in which you've opened your account. For a listing of our current routing numbers please visit http://bit.ly/1cmRPoF.
If you have any questions or concerns when scheduling your payment, feel free to contact us 24/7 by dialing 888-751-9000 for assistance!
We hope this helps, Victor and have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
February 19, 2015 07:32:50 PM