Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
Hi, I have a checking account with TD Bank and would like to put money into someone elses account at TD Bank. Can I simply make an online transfer or do I need to go to a branch?
paul, boca raton
April 15, 2015 06:09:21 PM
In reply to paul, boca raton
Thanks for joining us here at TD Helps, Paul. You came to the right place for information on how to send money to your friend!
One of our newest features on www.tdbank.com is called Person-to-Person payments. This feature will allow you to send money via text, email or by creating a contact. You’re welcome to check out http://bit.ly/1cz3aim for all of the exciting details.
In order to use this feature, you’ll need to be logged in to Online Banking from the main website.
- First, you must enroll in the service. To do so, you would select the tab that says Person-to-Person payments at the top of your Online Banking screen.
- Then, you will be asked to accept a user agreement, review the fee schedule and confirm your email and phone number. A text and email code will be sent to the mobile number and email address we have on file for you.
- Next we will request you to submit both codes for verification to complete the enrollment process. Once the enrollment is complete you’ll be ready to send the payment and in the next three business days your friend will receive the funds.
This feature does come with limits on the amount you can send or receive. To locate your current individual limits please follow these steps:
· Log into your Online Banking
· Click on the Person-to-Person Payments tab.
· Select the account in which you are sending the funds from
· Type in the person’s name, email or mobile number you are sending the funds to
· Type in the amount you’re trying to send
· Select the send date
· Click continue
· Complete the pop-up to add a new contact
· Click save
· Click on the info button (question mark) next to the amount box
Thanks again for writing in, Paul. Let us know if you have any other questions and have a wonderful night.
Cameron P, Mount Laurel
April 15, 2015 06:10:19 PM