Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
I pay my rent by going to my landlords bank and depositing a check. I tried to set up to be paid by bill pay, but there is no opportunity to put an account number in the field. Can you please show me a way to do this? I have all of her banking information already, and I want the check sent to her in care of her bank.
June 23, 2016 08:02:58 AM
In reply to Timothy, Manchester
Thanks for contacting TD Helps today, Timothy.
We'll be more than happy to clarify any confusion for you. When adding a memo to a Bill Pay check that you are sending out, please make sure that the payment is going out as a Paper Check. If this payment is being sent electronically, you will not be able to add a memo. Once you have confirmed that your payment is being sent as a Paper Check, you can now add a memo. To add a memo to a payment, you may follow the below steps:
1. Click on the “Bill Pay” tab located at the top of your screen once you have logged into your Online Banking.
2. Enter your payment information next to the appropriate payee and select “Make Payments”.
3. On the “Review Payments” screen, input any additional payment information in the “Memo” field.
4. Click “Submit Payment”
You also have the option of doing a Person to Person Payment, or Pop Money Transfer, from your Online Banking as well. This is a great way to transfer money to someone if you are not aware of all of their information. You are able to send them money by simply knowing their E-Mail, Cell Phone Number, or their Account Number. To perform a Pop Money Transfer, you may follow the steps below:
1. Once you have logged into your Online Banking, click on the tap labeled "Person-to-Person Payments" located on the top of your screen.
2. Click on the tab labeled "Send money" towards the center of the screen. Once you are in this tab, you will then be able to choose how you wish to send the funds. Once you have either E-Mail, Mobile Cell Phone Number, or the Account information input in the correct box, you may then move onto entering in the desired amount you wish to send.
3. Once this is completed, you will then have to choose which delivery option you wish to take advantage of. To send a payment to another person with a time frame of 3 business days, the fee is $1.00. If you wish to choose a quicker method, you may send the payment in a time frame of 1 business day, which comes with a fee of $7.00.
4. Once you have selected the account you wish to transfer the funds from, you may then submit the payment by hitting "Continue", located on the bottom right hand side of your screen.
If you have any further questions, you may reach out and speak with a TD Bank On-Line Specialist at 1-800-493-7562, who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You're also able to visit any TD Store during lobby hours for assistance. To take a look at Store locations and their hours, please visit http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR.
We hope this helps, Timothy, and please enjoy the rest of your day.
Customer Service Team, Mount Laurel
June 23, 2016 08:03:32 AM