Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
Donna, Park Ridge, NJ 07656
February 24, 2015 01:21:20 PM
In reply to Donna, Park Ridge, NJ 07656
Hi Donna, thanks for joining us today!
From your question, it sounds as though you are looking to go paperless for your account and we're happy to help! If you have a personal Checking, Savings or Money Market account, to go paperless first you'll have to sign in to your Online Banking. If you're not enrolled yet, you can do so for free here: http://bit.ly/1lU2qfY.
Once you have access to your personal Online Banking, you can follow the steps below to help you go paperless:
1. Log on to your TD Bank Online Banking Account.
2. Click the “Customer Service” tab.
3. Select the link for “Online Statement Settings”.
4. Select the “Online Statements” option for each of your accounts.
5. Add the Email Address you wish to have statement alerts sent to.
6. Review and accept the Online Paperless Statement Customer Agreement and Hardware and Software Requirements.
7. Click the check boxes indicating you meet our system requirements and click “Save Changes”.
If you have a Business account, to sign up for TD Bank BusinessDirect please click: http://bit.ly/1dl2HX6.To go paperless for your Business account please log in with your User ID and Password and follow these instructions:
1. Click onto “Accounts” from the menu on the top of the page.
2. Click onto “Statements” which is the second menu on the top of the page.
3. If you have multiple accounts select the account number you are requesting to be paperless from the drop box.
4. Below the drop box where the account number is listed, click the link “Go Paperless for this Account”.
5. Review the Online Paperless Statement Customer Agreement.
6. Click the check box indicating that you meet our system requirements and click “Accept”.
Please note; you will need to follow these steps for each account you wish to be paperless. Once you’ve elected to receive Online Statements, an e-mail alert will be sent to your e-mail address when a new statement is available for viewing.
If you are looking to go paperless for your Credit Card please contact TD Card Services 24/7 at 888-561-8861.
To go paperless for your loan, you're welcome to contact our Financial Solutions Group anytime at 800-937-5020.
We hope this information is helpful, Donna and please let us know should you have any additional questions.
Colleen B, Mount Laurel
February 24, 2015 01:30:53 PM