Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
I have a TD checking account and want to set up an automatic payment to pay my rent...how do I do this?
December 18, 2017 10:18:41 AM
1 person recommended this |
In reply to Sue, Portland
Good morning, Sue!
We'd be happy to help you schedule an automatic payment!
You are able to set up automatic payments using Online Banking. To do so, you would first need to be enrolled. You can sign up at any time by visiting here: https://go.td.com/1lU2qfY. Keep in mind that you will need your account number, debit card, Social Security Number and email address.
If you're missing any of this information, don't worry! You are able to call a Banking Specialist 24/7 at 888-751-9000 or visit any TD Store during lobby hours to sign up.
Once enrolled, you can use Bill Pay or Send Money to schedule your payment. To complete a recurring Bill Pay, you would first need to create a biller. You can create a biller by selecting the Bill Pay tab followed by Add a Company or Person. After you create your biller, you may follow the steps below to create a recurring payment:
1. Click on the Bill Pay tab located at the top of your screen.
2. Click on the name of the biller
3. Click on Autopay
4. Click on Set up Autopay
5. Fill out all of the required information and then click on the “Start Sending Payments” Button.
You can also send funds using our transfer service, Send Money. To enroll in this service, please follow the directions below:
1. Log in to TD Online Banking here: http://go.td.com/1eaISlq
2. Select the Send Money tab
3. Ensure your email address shown is correct.
4. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
5. If you sign up with your mobile number, select text or call to receive a verification code. If you sign up using your email we'll send you a verification code by email.
6. Enter the code to verify your email address or mobile number.
7. We'll show your accounts that are eligible for Instant Transfer. Just choose the one you wish to use.
Once you are signed up, you can schedule a transfer by selecting Send. While scheduling your transfer, you have the option to make the payment recurring prior to completion.
If you have any trouble with Bill Pay or send Money, we encourage you to reach a Tech Support Specialist 24/7 at 800-493-7562.
We hope these options help, Sue! Have a great day!
Megan K, Mount Laurel
December 18, 2017 10:19:04 AM