Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
December 12, 2014 06:09:31 PM
In reply to Adriana, Hartford
We appreciate you reaching out to us here on TD Helps, Adriana, and we would be happy to help with your inquiry.
There is a limit to how many transfers that can be made from your savings account. You can make up to 6 electronic transfers a month without being assessed an excessive funds transfer fee. Electronic transfers include; pre-authorized, automatic or telephone transfers or payments. There is a fee for each transfer that exceeds the limit. For more information on the fee schedule, please take a look here: http://bit.ly/1cTejgt (listed under "Other"). Transfers made from the ATM are unlimited as well as over-the-counter transfers at a TD Bank Store. For hours and locations near you, please check out: http://bit.ly/TDStores.
We invite you to view the transactions which are limited for Money Markets and Savings accounts:
- Pre-authorized ACH – Automated Clearing House debits (health club fees, insurance premiums, car payments and mortgage payments).
- Pre-authorized transfers (Overdraft protection, transfers to Holiday Club and transfers to a checking account).
- TD Bank Online Banking and Telephone Banking transfers (transfers that are debited from the Money Market or Savings account).
- Request made via phone or fax for transfers (a request made by phone falls in the unlimited category if a check is mailed to the depositor as a result of the phone transaction)
- A check drawn on the account to any payee (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts and MMDA accounts)
- Debit Card purchases (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts)
- Wire transfers
Transactions that will not incur the Excess TX Fee are Over-the-Counter (OTC) withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, ATM transfers, Transfers for paying TD Bank loans and Transfers originated in person, by messenger or by mail.
We'd like to take this opportunity to let you know that checking account to checking account transfers are unlimited. A checking account may be more suitable for you, if you're requiring more than six debit transactions a month please visit http://bit.ly/KmmHe7 for our Checking Selector Tool, which will help you select the best TD Bank Checking account for you. You may also check out, http://bit.ly/1nyH0Xp to compare the checking accounts we offer.
If you do would like to select a checking account, we have multiple ways to open the account. You may open an account over the phone 24/7 by calling 888-751-9000, online by visiting http://bit.ly/RRGjuk or you may do so at any TD Bank Store. Please visit http://bit.ly/TDStores for a TD Bank location near you.
We hope you find this information helpful and enjoy the rest of your night.
Justin B, Mount Laurel
December 12, 2014 06:30:35 PM