Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
July 22, 2015 02:49:55 PM
In reply to Cindy, Delran
Thanks for swinging by TD Helps this afternoon, Cindy! We'll be more than happy to provide the instructions to go paperless for you accounts with us.
In order to stop paper statements from being send to your home, you'll have to enroll your accounts in paperless statements through online banking. If you are enrolled in online banking, you may send us a secure message as well. If you're not currently enrolled for online banking, you may do so by clicking here: http://bit.ly/1lU2qfY . Please have your account number, debit card number and Social Security number available. If you have any trouble signing up, please contact our Banking Specialists, 24/7 at 888-751-9000. Once you're enrolled, please follow the steps below.
1. Log on to your TD Bank Online Banking Account.
2. Click the “Customer Service” tab.
3. Select the link for “Online Statement Settings”.
4. Select the “Online Statements” option for each of your accounts.
5. Add the Email Address you wish to have statement alerts sent to.
6. Review and accept the Online Paperless Statement Customer Agreement and Hardware and Software Requirements.
7. Click the check boxes indicating you meet our system requirements and click “Save Changes”.
If you have a business account, to sign up for TD Bank BusinessDirect please click: http://bit.ly/1dl2HX6.To. To go paperless for your business account, please log in with your user id and password and follow these instructions:
1. Click onto “Accounts” from the menu on the top of the page.
2. Click onto “Statements” which is the second menu on the top of the page.
3. If you have multiple accounts, select the account number you are requesting to be paperless from the drop box.
4. Below the drop box where the account number is listed, click the link “Go Paperless for this Account”.
5. Review the Online Paperless Statement Customer Agreement.
6. Click the check box indicating that you meet our system requirements and click “Accept”.
Please note that you'll need to follow these steps for each account that you wish to be paperless. Once you’ve elected to receive online statements, an e-mail alert will be sent to your e-mail address when a new statement is available for viewing.
If you have a credit card with us and wish to go paperless for your credit card as well, please contact one of our 24/7 TD Card Services Specialists at 888-561-8861.
We hope this answers your question, Cindy and let us know if you have any additional questions. Take care and have a great afternoon!
Katherine G, Mount Laurel
July 22, 2015 02:52:45 PM