Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
I am from Argentina, but working remote for a USA company which pays me every 15 days. I want an account for saving my money. Questions:
1) What are the fees for receiving a money transfer?
2) What are the fees for a transfer to an account outside US?
3) Is it possible to open an account on Ameritrade too for investing? Is there any additional cost I would need to know?
4) Will I need a US address?
5) Do you have the USD 200.000 insurance as some other banks?
Ariel, Buenos Aires
May 16, 2016 12:41:17 PM
In reply to Ariel, Buenos Aires
Thanks for your interest in an account with TD, Ariel. We'd be glad to discuss.
In order to open an account with us, you will need to visit us at a TD Bank Store. To take a look at TD Stores you'd like to visit, please click here: http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR.
We offer many different types of checking and savings accounts. To view and compare our checking accounts, visit http://go.td.com/1WAW1cy or check out our Checking Selector Tool http://go.td.com/1vW1xnU for help with selecting a checking account that is the best fit for you.
To view and compare savings account products, click on http://go.td.com/1pJT9I9, or if you prefer, we also have a Savings Selector Tool http://go.td.com/1vW1DvM which can help you choose the best savings account for your needs.
To take a look at any fees associated with the accounts we offer, please visit here: http://go.td.com/1cTejgt.
Once you are ready to visit a Store, as a Non-US resident you will need to bring two forms of identification with you. One form of ID must be a Non-US passport and the second form of ID you may select from the list below:
- Employment ID with Photo and Signature
- State Issued ID or Driver's License with Signature
- Foreign Driver's License with Photo
- US Employment Authorization card with Photo, Signature and Expiration Date
- College ID with Photo
- Alien Registration Card with Photo
- Permanent Resident Card with Photo
Please know that we recommend reaching out to the TD Store you plan on visiting prior to your trip to determine if any additional information will be required to open an account.
Keep in mind that though TD Bank and TD Ameritrade share the same TD Shield, we are separate institutions. Because of this, we recommend reaching out to them directly to discuss opening accounts with them. Please visit their web page here: http://bit.ly/1o5CpfJ.
You will be glad to know that TD Bank accounts are FDIC insured. To learn more please visit here: http://go.td.com/1cpoihv.
We hope this helps, Ariel and have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
May 16, 2016 12:41:33 PM