Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
Currently I am a US resident. I am exploring my options should I move overseas semi-permanently.
February 27, 2017 07:20:35 AM
In reply to Anne, Brooklyn
Thanks for your question, Anne. We understand your concern and would be glad to discuss.
Please know that you are able to use your TD Visa debit card anywhere Visa is accepted worldwide. Your debit card also does not assess any foreign transaction fees either! Keep in mind that there may be a fee associated with the use of a non-TD ATM. To learn more please visit here: https://go.td.com/2kFZ5mK.
We also offer ways to make deposits while you're away. Banking by mail is simple, and easy. All you would need to do is mail your deposit to the address below:
TD Bank, N.A. ME2-001-033 P.O. Box Number 1190 Lewiston, Maine 04243
The P.O. Box is checked daily and transactions are posted the same day.
If you need to Fed-EX or UPS a mail in a Deposit to us, you can ship it to the address below:
TD Bank Bank by Mail 140 Mill Street Lewiston ME 04243
Here are some additional tips to consider prior to mailing your deposit:
- Cash should not be sent through the mail
- Payee of the check and name on deposit ticket should be the same
- Checks should be endorsed (and restricted "for deposit only")
- Multiple checks should be listed and a total of the deposit listed
- Enclose the deposit ticket, not the carbon copy
- If using a blank deposit ticket, please write the account number clearly
- Do not staple transactions
You also have the option of using Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposit. If you do not use Mobile Banking already, feel free to learn more and download the App here: https://go.td.com/2gkUc4O.
Once signed up or signed in, you are able to make a Mobile Deposit by following the steps below:
1. From the Main Menu of the TD Bank Mobile Banking app, select Mobile Deposit, then Deposit a Check
2. Enter the amount of the check
3. Take a photo of the check using your mobile device
4. Select your account
5. Review and submit your deposit You may wish to note the date on the front of the check and include the word “Deposited”, for your records.
Additionally, you may want to keep this for 14 days to ensure it has cleared your account. You are then welcome to destroy the check.
We recommend reviewing our Funds Availability Policy here: http://go.td.com/1kb17UQ (pages 40-44).
Finally, we recommend placing a travel notification prior to leaving for your stay overseas. You're able place a travel notification by contacting us directly. To do so, you are able to contact us 24/7 by dialing 888-751-9000 or by visiting a TD Store during lobby hours. To take a look at Store locations and their hours please visit http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR.
In addition, if you are enrolled for Online Banking, you may send a secure message using www.tdbank.com. To send a secure message you must first logon to your TD Bank online profile. You can do so by clicking here: http://go.td.com/1eaISlq. On the left hand side, you should see an option to "Send a secure message" located in the “Message Center."
We hope this information helps, Anne. Have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
February 27, 2017 07:20:46 AM