Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
September 16, 2015 02:58:25 PM
1 person recommended this |
In reply to tuna, turkey
Thanks for reaching us on TD Helps, Tuna. We'd be glad to help with your savings and checking accounts.
There are a few differences between savings and checking accounts as well as how they work. Savings accounts are interest bearing and because of this, they have a restriction to the number of transactions that can be processed.
The transactions which are limited for Money Markets and Savings accounts are:
- Pre-authorized ACH – Automated Clearing House debits (health club fees, insurance premiums, car payments and mortgage payments).
- Pre-authorized transfers (Overdraft protection, transfers to Holiday Club and transfers to a checking account).
- TD Bank Online Banking and Telephone Banking transfers (transfers that are debited from the Money Market or Savings account).
- Request made via phone or fax for transfers (a request made by phone falls in the unlimited category if a check is mailed to the depositor as a result of the phone transaction)
- A check drawn on the account to any payee (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts and MMDA accounts)
- Debit Card purchases (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts)
- Wire transfers
Transactions that will not incur the Excess TX Fee are Over-the-Counter (OTC) withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, ATM transfers, Transfers for paying TD Bank loans and Transfers originated in person, by messenger or by mail.
For more information please take a look at our Personal Deposit Account Agreement here: http://bit.ly/1kb17UQ (page 7). Please know transactions that exceed the restrictions may result in fees. To take a look at our Fee Schedule please visit http://bit.ly/1cTejgt.
Checking accounts on the other hand have no limit to the amount of transactions. With your checking account you are able to have a Visa Debit Card that you are able to use anywhere Visa is accepted worldwide.
You are able to make withdrawals from both of your accounts by using your Visa Debit Card as long as both accounts are currently linked. To determine if your accounts are linked to your Debit Card, we ask that you contact us directly for assistance. To reach us while overseas you can call us at (856)-751-9000. Additionally, you can call collect from a landline at (215)-569-0518. After account verification we'd be glad to confirm this information for you and link your savings account to your Card.
If calling is not an option for you at this time, you are able to send a secure message via Online Banking. To send a secure message you must first logon to your TD Bank online profile. You can do so by clicking here: http://bit.ly/1eaISlq. On the left hand side, you should see an option to "Send a secure message" located in the “Message Center." If you have not enrolled, please call us 24/7 at the number listed above to speak with our Banking Specialists.
Please know that making withdrawals at non-TD ATMs may result in ATM fees. Take a look at our Fee Schedule listed above for additional details.
We hope this helps, Tuna and have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
September 16, 2015 02:59:02 PM
1 person recommended this