Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
can I make a payment directly from my checking account into my sisters checking account?
Joan, East Meadow
March 31, 2016 11:49:10 AM
In reply to Joan, East Meadow
Hi Joan and thanks for visiting us on TD Helps.
We do have the option of Person-to-Person payments. This feature will allow you to send money via text, email or by creating a contact. You’re welcome to check out http://bit.ly/1cz3aim for all of the exciting details.
In order to use this feature, you’ll need to be logged in to Online Banking from the main website.
- First, you must enroll in the service. To do so, you would select the tab that says Person-to-Person payments at the top of your Online Banking screen.
- Then, you will be asked to accept a user agreement, review the fee schedule and confirm your email and phone number. A text and email code will be sent to the mobile number and email address we have on file for you.
- Next we will request you to submit both codes for verification to complete the enrollment process. Once the enrollment is complete you’ll be ready to send the payment and in the next three business days the funds will be received.
This feature does come with limits on the amount you can send or receive. To locate your current individual limits please follow these steps:
· Log into your online banking
· Click on the Person-to-Person Payments tab.
· Select the account in which you are sending the funds from
· Type in the person’s name, email or mobile number you are sending the funds to
· Type in the amount you’re trying to send
· Select the send date
· Click continue
· Complete the pop-up to add a new contact
· Click save
· Click on the info button (question mark) next to the amount box.
Please note, when sending a Person-to-Person Payment, you will have two delivery options, three day or next day delivery. For the three day option, the fee is $1.00 whereas; next day delivery has a fee of $7.00. The next day delivery option is not available for Savings accounts. To qualify for the next day delivery option, you must wait 90 days from your first successful 3-day transfer and must not have had any transactions that overdrew your account in the past 90 days.
Another feature is the External Transfer feature. External Transfers are used if you're sending money from your personal account with TD Bank to your account at another Financial Institution. This option is also only available via Online Banking. You can initiate the transfer by using the "Transfers" tab. After selecting the "Transfers" tab you will then have to click "Transfer to Accounts Outside TD Bank." You would have to add your account at a different institution. To do so, select "Add a New Account." You will then be prompted to select the type of account followed by the account and routing numbers. Once you enter the required fields, the transfer service will then display whether or not you can make an immediate transfer. In some cases, a trial deposit is initiated at the receiving institution for verification purposes.
When sending an External Transfer, you will have two delivery options, three day or next day delivery. For the three day option, the fee is $3.00 whereas; next day delivery has a fee of $7.00. Again, the next day delivery option is not available for Savings accounts. To qualify for the next day delivery option, you must wait 90 days from your first successful 3-day transfer and must not have had any transactions that overdrew your account in the past 90 days.
Let us know if you have any other questions and have a great day.
Sandy D, Mount Laurel
March 31, 2016 11:51:03 AM