Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
please tell me how I can transfer money from my savings to checking right now
Jane, Staten Island
October 24, 2016 07:44:36 AM
Saving & Managing Your Money
In reply to Jane, Staten Island
We appreciate your visit today, Jane. We'll be sure to guide you in the right direction on how to transfer funds from your checking account to your savings account.
We'd be happy to provide you with some clarification about your question. There is a limit to how many transfers that can be made from your savings account. You can make up to 6 electronic transfers a month without being assessed an excessive funds transfer fee. Electronic transfers include; pre-authorized, automatic or telephone transfers or payments. There is a fee for each transfer that exceeds the limit. For more information on the fee schedule, please take a look here: https://go.td.com/1cTejgt (listed under "Other"). Transfers made from the ATM are unlimited as well as over-the-counter transfers at a TD Bank Store. For hours and locations near you, please check out: http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR.
We invite you to view the transactions which are limited for Money Markets and Savings accounts:
- Pre-authorized ACH – Automated Clearing House debits (health club fees, insurance premiums, car payments and mortgage payments).
- Pre-authorized transfers (Overdraft protection, transfers to Holiday Club and transfers to a checking account).
- TD Bank Online Banking and Telephone Banking transfers (transfers that are debited from the Money Market or Savings account).
- Request made via phone or fax for transfers (a request made by phone falls in the unlimited category if a check is mailed to the depositor as a result of the phone transaction)
- A check drawn on the account to any payee (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts and MMDA accounts)
- Debit Card purchases (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts)
- Wire transfers
Transactions that will not incur the Excess TX Fee are Over-the-Counter (OTC) withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, ATM transfers, Transfers for paying TD Bank loans and Transfers originated in person, by messenger or by mail.
We'd like to take this opportunity to let you know that checking account to checking account transfers are unlimited. A checking account may be more suitable for you, if you're requiring more than six debit transactions a month please visit https://go.td.com/2c3TweK for our Checking Selector Tool, which will help you select the best TD Bank Checking account for you. You may also check out, https://go.td.com/2eKeH7f to compare the checking accounts we offer.
If you do would like to select a checking account, we have multiple ways to open the account. You may open an account over the phone 24/7 by calling 888-751-9000, online by visiting https://go.td.com/2f8snfy or you may do so at any TD Bank Store. Please visit http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR for a TD Bank location near you.
We hope this helps, Jane and please take care.
Alara B, Mount Laurel
October 24, 2016 07:45:23 AM