Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
Indiana, Glen Burnie
December 12, 2014 12:01:23 PM
In reply to Indiana, Glen Burnie
Good morning Indiana, welcome to TD Helps.
We'd be happy to provide you with some clarification about your question. We'd like to inform you that for the protection of your TD Bank account, your TD Debit Card/ATM has daily limits placed on it. For more information on your daily limit amounts, please take a look at our Personal Deposit Account Agreement: http://bit.ly/1kb17UQ (page 44).
If you are expecting to spend more than what is permitted on your daily limit, we do have a few options available to increase the daily withdrawal limit. You can call us directly 24/7 at 888-751-9000 and after account verification; one of our dedicated Customer Service Representatives can request the increase for you.
You can also send us a written request via fax. You can send the fax to our Fulfillment Team at 856-533-1138, and please include the following information:
• Subject: Limit Increase • Account Number • Debit/ATM Card Number • Your Name • Contact Telephone Number • Amount of increase or decrease • Indicate - Visa, POS, ATM • Your Signature
Another option for you would be to send us a secure message via your Online Banking. Once you're logged in to www.tdbank.com, please click on the "Customer Service" tab and then select "Send a Message" located under the "Message Center" section. Your request will be completed within 24 hours.
If you have not enrolled, you can do so for free by following this link: http://bit.ly/1lU2qfY. You will need your account number, Social Security number, your email address and your current TD ATM/Debit card. If you run into any problems enrolling or if you do not have a TD ATM/Debit card to enroll online, please call us 24/7 at 888-751-9000 to speak with our Banking Specialists. You may also visit your local TD Bank during lobby hours for assistance as well. Please visit: http://bit.ly/TDStores for a TD Bank location near you.
Please keep in mind that limit increases are only valid for 1 calendar day and the limits will return to the original amount after this time passes. If your request is received after 6:00PM, the increase will remain in effect for 1 additional calendar day.
Additionally, please note, there is a limit to how many transfers and debits that can be made from your savings account. You can make up to 6 electronic transfers a month without being assessed an excessive funds transfer fee. Electronic transfers include; pre-authorized, automatic or telephone transfers or payments. There is a fee for each transfer that exceeds the limit. For more information on the fee schedule, please take a look here: http://bit.ly/1cTejgt (listed under "Other"). Transfers made from the ATM are unlimited as well as over-the-counter transfers at a TD Bank Store.
We invite you to view the transactions which are limited for Money Markets and Savings accounts:
- Pre-authorized ACH – Automated Clearing House debits (health club fees, insurance premiums, car payments and mortgage payments).
- Pre-authorized transfers (Overdraft protection, transfers to Holiday Club and transfers to a checking account).
- TD Bank Online Banking and Telephone Banking transfers (transfers that are debited from the Money Market or Savings account).
- Request made via phone or fax for transfers (a request made by phone falls in the unlimited category if a check is mailed to the depositor as a result of the phone transaction)
- A check drawn on the account to any payee (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts and MMDA accounts)
- Debit Card purchases (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts)
- Wire transfers
Transactions that will not incur the Excess TX Fee are Over-the-Counter (OTC) withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, ATM transfers, Transfers for paying TD Bank loans and Transfers originated in person, by messenger or by mail.
If you have any questions about your Savings account and the number of transactions you've made, please contact us at the number listed above or visit your local TD Store during lobby hours for assistance.
We hope this helps and have a great day!
Yen D, Mount Laurel
December 12, 2014 12:08:46 PM