Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
his TD checking account using the TD mobile app). He didn't realize his savings account has a monthly transaction limit of 6 for these types of transfers. Is there any way one or more of these fees can be waived under the circumstances? Thank you.
December 28, 2017 02:46:40 PM
Saving & Managing Your Money
In reply to Fred, Falmouth
Welcome to TD Helps, Fred. We'd be glad to share information about your concerns for your son.
When you see "Excess TX Fee" on your statement, it is referring to excess pre-authorized withdrawals, transfers or checks. This fee is assessed when your Savings or Money Market account exceeds six (6) withdrawals during a statement cycle.
Please note, there are ways in which you're able to make withdrawals without exceeding this limit. We invite you to visit https://go.td.com/2kFZ5mK. to view our fee schedule.
The transactions which are limited for Money Markets and Savings accounts are:
- Pre-authorized ACH – Automated Clearing House debits (health club fees, insurance premiums, car payments and mortgage payments).
- Pre-authorized transfers (Overdraft protection, transfers to Holiday Club and transfers to a checking account).
- TD Bank Online Banking and Telephone Banking transfers (transfers that are debited from the Money Market or Savings account).
- Request made via phone or fax for transfers (a request made by phone falls in the unlimited category if a check is mailed to the depositor as a result of the phone transaction)
- A check drawn on the account to any payee (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts and MMDA accounts)
- Debit Card purchases (this type of transaction is limited to checking accounts)
- Wire transfers
Transactions that will not incur the Excess TX Fee are Over-the-Counter (OTC) withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, ATM transfers, Transfers for paying TD Bank loans and Transfers originated in person, by messenger or by mail.
For more information please take a look at our Personal Deposit Account Agreement here: https://go.td.com/2nf0JAI (pages 6 and 7).
Please know that TD Helps is considered an unsecured forum. Because of this, we are unable to review the account specifically to determine if it is eligible for a fee reversal.
We recommend connecting with a Banking Specialist to review the account specifically. Specialists are available 24/7 at 888-751-9000, during lobby hours at any TD Store or via secure message while signed in to Online or Mobile Banking.
To take a look at Store locations and their hours please visit http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR.
In addition, if you are enrolled for online access, you can send a secure message. To send a secure message using Online Banking, please sign in here: http://go.td.com/1eaISlq and select 'Send a secure message' located in the 'Message Center' on the left hand side of the page. For Mobile Banking, select the option to 'Contact Us' followed by 'Send a secure message' after signing in.
We hope this information helps, Fred. Have a good afternoon.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
December 28, 2017 02:46:52 PM