Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
Can I make a transfer from my account to another TD BANK account to my sister account?
Also what be a cost of transfer money to outside USA?
Carmen, New York
June 25, 2015 10:11:50 PM
In reply to Carmen, New York
It's great to have you here on TD Helps, Carmen! We will be happy to provide you with the information needed.
It sounds like your attempting to transfer from your TD account to someone else's TD account – and we'd like you to know that transferring from one TD account to another is easy!
One of our newest features on www.tdbank.com is called Person-to-Person payments. This feature will allow you to send money via text, email, or by creating a contact. You’re welcome to check out http://bit.ly/1cz3aim for all of the exciting details.
In order to be eligible to use the Person-to-Person payment service, you must have a United States address, a unique United States phone number, and a valid unique email address. You must also be enrolled for Online Banking and be using a TD Bank Checking or Money Market account for the transfer. Please also note that Person-to-Person payment will only allow you to transfer funds from your TD Bank Account to another individual's bank account within the United States.
If you have met all the requirements listed above and are also enrolled for online banking, you’ll need to be logged in to Online Banking from here http://bit.ly/1eaISlq in order to initiate a Person-to-Person payment:
- First, you must enroll in the service. To do so, you would select the tab that says Person-to-Person payments at the top of your online banking screen.
- Then, you will be asked to accept the User Agreement, review the fee schedule, and confirm your email and phone number. A text and email code will be sent to the mobile number and email address we have on file for you.
- Next we will request you to submit both codes for verification to complete the enrollment process. Once the enrollment is complete you’ll be ready to send the payment and in the next three business days your friend will receive the funds.
You will have two delivery options when sending a Person-to-Person payment; there is the three business day option and the next business day delivery. Please note, the next day delivery option is not available for savings accounts. To qualify for the next day delivery option, you must wait 90 days from your first successful 3-day transfer and must not have had any transactions that overdrew your account in the past 90 days.
Also, this feature does come with limits on the amount you can send or receive. To locate your current individual limits please follow these steps:
· Log into your online banking
· Click on the Person-to-Person Payments tab.
· Type in the person’s name, and their email, mobile number, or bank account you are sending the funds to
· Type in the amount you’re trying to send
· A "View Limits" hyperlink will appear next to the amount box that you can click on to view your personal transfer limits
Additionally, if you need to send funds internationally, you would need to initiate a wire transfer at a nearby TD Store location to perform a wire. For hours and locations near you please take a look at: http://bit.ly/TDStores.
Once at the Store, you will need to provide the name, address, and SWIFT Code of the receiving bank, as well as the name of the account to be credited, the beneficiary address, and the account number. As it is going to be an international wire, please also review additional information on sending international wires here: http://bit.ly/1oowsYN.
We utilize the services of correspondent and/or intermediary banks to transfer funds to banks overseas. These banks might charge a fee for their services, and the correspondent and/or intermediary bank might deduct these fees from the wire transfer amount. For more information on fees for wire transfers, please take a look here: http://bit.ly/1cTejgt.
Thanks again for your visit today! If we misunderstood your question at all, we welcome you to resubmit your question with more details, and take care.
Justin B, Mount Laurel
June 25, 2015 10:19:01 PM