Small Business Banking
Private Client Group
Personal Financial Services
For the quickest answer, search previously asked questions below. Chances are, others have asked a similar question and there's already an answer waiting for you. If you can't find a match, ask a new question and our team members will answer.
What method of payment can I use to buy a Visa gift card with no purchase fee from TD Bank?
- TD credit card
- non-TD credit card. if so, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover?
Do I have to have a banking (checking/savings) account or TD, or can I just be a TD credit cardholder?
Christine, Delray Beach, FL
March 31, 2017 07:48:34 AM
In reply to Christine, Delray Beach, FL
Thanks for your question, Christine.
If you have a TD Bank deposit account with us, such as a Checking or Savings, you're more than welcome to purchase one of our TD Visa Gift Cards at any of our TD Stores. In order to make the purchase, the funds will be automatically withdrawn from your TD Bank deposit account. We apologize that non-Customers aren't able to purchase gift cards from us at this time, even with cash.
To take a look at Store locations and their hours please visit http://go.td.com/1f9DSJR.
If you have any additional questions, we recommend reaching out to the TD Store you plan on visiting prior to your trip.
We hope this clears things up, Christine. Have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
March 31, 2017 07:48:45 AM
In reply to Megan, Mount Laurel
This did not answer my question at all. Let me rephrase with additional questions.
1. Can purchase a Visa gift card from TD Bank using a TD Bank-branded credit card, such as my TD Cash Card, if I do NOT have a banking account (only a TD credit card account)?
2. Can purchase a Visa gift card from TD Bank using a NON TD Bank-branded credit card, such as another Visa card, American Express, Mastercard, Discover, if I only have a TD credit card account?
3. If I use my TD Cash credit card to purchase a Visa Gift Card from TD Bank, will the purchase also count towards my TD Cash card's "1% cash back"?
4. If I use my TD Cash credit card to purchase a Visa Gift Card from TD Bank, will it count towards the "$150 cash back when you spend $500 within the first 90 days of account opening" if the purchase is made within the first 90 days?
Thank you in advance for answering the 4 questions.
christine, delray beach, fl
April 3, 2017 11:31:33 AM
In reply to christine, delray beach, fl
We apologize for the lack of clarity on our end, Christine.
Please know that you are unable to purchase a TD Gift Card with a credit card of any type at this time. As we mention in our reply above, you must have a deposit account to make a TD Gift Card purchase.
To discuss qualifying purchases for the TD Credit Card promotion that you've mentioned, we recommend reaching a Credit Card Specialist 24/7 at 888-561-8861.
We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience, Christine. Have a good day.
Megan K, Mount Laurel
April 3, 2017 11:32:49 AM