International Travel - Money Tips
TD Bank has you covered.
Let us know before you leave.
- Debit card: 1-888-751-900
TD Connect Card: 1-888-568-7130
- Credit card: 1-888-561-8861
TD Go Card: 1-855-219-8050
Wherever your international travels take you, making purchases overseas is easy with a little bit of planning.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you leave the country.
Be sure to pack the right mix of cash and cards.
- Get foreign cash before you leave for bus or subway fares, taxis, tips, and for emergencies
- Plan ahead: Visit your nearest TD Bank and order currency for pick up within 2 days.
- When you get home, exchange your foreign cash for U.S. dollars at your local TD Bank
Find a TD Bank and see what foreign currencies are available.
Subject to credit approval. APRs for purchases and balance transfers will range between 13.24%, 18.24% and 23.24% based on creditworthiness. APR for cash advances is 23.49%. All APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Balance Transfer fee – 4% of each balance transfer, minimum $10. Cash Advance fee – 5% of each cash advance, minimum $10. Minimum Interest Charge – $1.00.
Other helpful tips
- Save these international phone numbers in your phone in case you need to reach us in an emergency.
Debit and prepaid cards: 1-215-569-0518
Credit cards: 1-706-644-3266
- Download the TD Bank mobile app to keep track of your transactions while you travel
- Don't keep all of your cash in one place
- Use a money belt for keeping cash and important documents away from pickpockets
- If you're budget conscious, a prepaid card is a great alternative to cash and will help you keep your budget under control. Just load up funds before you go and set up a balance alert to keep you on track.
Check the State Department website1 for alerts and additional travel resources.
*See the Important Credit Card Terms and Conditions for TD Cash and TD First Class for details.
1By clicking on this link you are leaving our website and entering a third-party website over which we have no control.
Neither TD Bank US Holding Company, nor its subsidiaries or affiliates, is responsible for the content of third party sites hyper-linked from this page, nor do they guarantee or endorse the information, recommendations, products or services offered on third party sites.
Third party sites may have different Privacy and Security policies than TD Bank US Holding Company. You should review the Privacy and Security policies of any third party website before you provide personal or confidential information.
©2016 Visa U.S.A. Inc.