The TD Charitable Foundation, funded by TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® is pleased to announce the 25 recipients of the 2016 Housing for Everyone Housing for Single Parent Families grant competition. Award winners from Maine to Florida received a total of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives.
Grant awards of $100,000 were given to non-profits looking to create or preserve housing units for families headed by a single parent, grandparent, or guardian.
The winning organizations, as well as the total donation per market, include:
- Connecticut: $100,000 donated to Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust
- District of Columbia: $100,000 donated to Transitional Housing Corporation.
- Florida: $300,000 total donated to Neighborhood Renaissance, Homeless Emergency Project, Riviera Beach Community Development Corporation
- Maine: $100,000 donated to Volunteers of America Northern New England
- Maryland: $100,000 donated to Volunteers of America Chesapeake
- Massachusetts: $300,000 total donated to NewVue Communities, Elizabeth Stone House, Community Builders, Inc.
- New Hampshire: $100,000 donated to The Housing Partnership
- New Jersey: $400,000 total donated to Garden State Episcopal Community Development Corporation, Urban League of Essex County, Affordable Housing Alliance, Housing and Neighborhood Development Services.
- New York: $500,000 total donated to Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Women in Need, Long Island Housing Partnership, Community Development Corporation of Long Island, New York Institute for Human Development.
- Pennsylvania: $200,000 total donated to Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises, Gaudenzia, Inc
- South Carolina: $100,000 donated to Northside Development Corporation.
- Rhode Island: $100,000 donated to Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation
- Vermont: $100,000 donated to Lamoille Housing Partnership